némésis Index du Forum

Retiring from football: Steve Sidwell and Liam Rosenior disc

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    némésis Index du Forum -> Némésis -> Recrutement
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
chanoudom
Invité

MessagePosté le: Mer 22 Aoû - 04:16 (2018)    Sujet du message: Retiring from football: Steve Sidwell and Liam Rosenior disc Répondre en citant

Retiring from football: Steve Sidwell and Liam Rosenior discuss hidden struggles

maxbet On the night Steve Sidwell announced his retirement from football, the 35-year-old discussed the hidden struggles of leaving the game with Liam Rosenior on The Debate.Former Reading and Chelsea midfielder Sidwell, who helped Brighton to promotion in 2016/17, spent last season out with a back injury, and has not been able to return to the game.

He announced his retirement on The Debate on Tuesday evening, and discussed how the bubble of being a professional footballer can lead to issues in retirement, with Rosenior having also retired this summer. Here, the pair talk candidly about parking tickets, divorce and the issue with 'just playing golf for a year' when you hang up your boots…

Steve Sidwell
It was scary. Really scary. It's a 15-20 year career, a structure that I've had. You're in a regime you're used to, day in, day out. You're getting told what to do.For that just to stop. To finally make the decision, I mean I cried my eyes out, sitting in my bedroom. maxbet It wasn't the decision that I was going to stop, it was that an injury had beaten me, I didn't want to go out that way.

It's difficult, any player that packs up is used to a regime, a network of people around you. To go out of that bubble and into the real world, it will sound crazy to those at home, but it feels like you've left society for that long, so wrapped up in trying to win games and train well.

Liam Rosenior
In terms of help, players now are such a commodity at the top level, everything is about now. Agents are talking about sponsorship deals, you go into training thinking maxbet about winning the next game. There's no thought of the long term. What I worry about is players defining themselves as pro football and not a global human being, a rounded person. When you live in a bubble, you can hide from things in life.

I've travelled to away games on a Friday night and don't even know where I am. You're told when to get on the coach, when to eat, when to train, you don't think for yourself.All of a sudden you come out of that lifetime and you have to make decisions for yourself. We're lucky to have played at a good level. I'm thinking players at League One, League Two, without the financial support we have.

Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mer 22 Aoû - 04:16 (2018)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    némésis Index du Forum -> Némésis -> Recrutement Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | Panneau d’administration | créer son forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation